Thursday, March 18, 2010

Celebrating 60 years!

This spring is just blazing by and I can't believe how BUSY my life is as a stay at home mom! We recently celebrated my mom's 60th birthday with a party. My Dad and I worked together on all of the planning and we had a nice gathering at their house. We had lots of food, a quiz game, and a video made all to commorate the occasion. Unfortunately, amidst the craziness of hosting a party and caring for my sons, I forgot to take pictures for her to remember the evening by! (I needed about 6 more arms and then maybe a clone to get it all done!) Then when I finally remembered, I asked my mom's friend Joyce to go around and snap a few photos. She returned only a few moments later telling me that my batteries were dead! Good grief!! On my end, if I'm ever hosting this kind of party again, I will definitely do things differently - I'll get a baby sitter for all the kids, get a friend to help me in the kitchen, put someone in charge of photos, and make sure the camera batteries are charged!! Live and learn! But now that all is said and done, I do think that the party was very nice - I know my mom enjoyed this time with all of her and dad's friends. The pictures, however, are not so nice. I never even got a good shot of "the birthday girl!"












I'm so glad that many of my mom's friends came out to celebrate with her.
Sixty looks great on you, Mom! Happy Birthday! We love you!!!!

No comments: