So driving home, feeling as sick as a dog with 2 sick boys in the back seat, I felt pretty void of creativity. Nevertheless, I couldn't help but smile as I picked up my cell to call Tim, "Guess what, honey! ..."
What a GREAT surprise! After all we've been through, to have this happen "by accident" is truly just a miracle of God. We've gone from years of "unexplained infertility" to a full house! Our family is being perfectly put together by our Heavenly Father. We are praising Him for this precious new life! We are so grateful for His perfect timing and perfect plan for our family. To God be the glory and all the praise!!!
Several weeks before all of this, Tim and I had planned a little getaway in honor of our 10th anniversary which was last July. (Yikes! We're trying to celebrate the 10th before it's our 11th in a few months!) After a great visit with Tim's family in April, we left the boys there as planned and flew off to Nevada & Arizona for a few days of quality alone time. At 10 weeks into my pregnancy, I wasn't feeling the greatest, but we still managed to see many sights and make several fun memories. It is beautiful out west - so wide and open; but I must say there aren't nearly enough rest areas or even gas stations for this pregnant lady! :)
I am so grateful for the wonderful husband God has given me. There's nothing better than spending time with him whether it's just a quiet evening at home or a vacation near the Grand Canyon. I wasn't up for as much hiking around as we would've liked to do, but even so we really enjoyed this opportunity to take in some of the beautiful world God has created.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Great Suprise, Great Escape!
Well, amidst all of our illness this winter & spring, we had a wonderful suprise. Both boys and I were not feeling well at the time. On the first Friday of March, I took the kids to their doctor's office: one had bronchitis, the other a double ear infection. Super. I myself was not feeling well, so we all went back to see my doctor that same afternoon. As we discussed symptoms, possible causes, and treatment I mentioned that for some reason I was a few days "late" and I wanted to be sure any medication would be safe just in case. "No problem, we have a test right here," replied the doctor. A trip to the ladies room and a few minues later, the nurse poked her head in the room with a smile and this little bag in hand ... "It's positive!" she said. "Really?! You're kidding! Oh my goodness! This is a big suprise!"
While we were off enjoying ourselves in the wild west, our sons were having the time of their life with "nana & pop-pop." Matthew's favorite memories involve working with Pop-pop, tractors, hitches, and playing with antlers, not to mention a special trip to a museum with his oldest cousins. Nathan had fun playing & reading with Nana, going outside to explore, and watching squirrels & other wild life. I don't have many photos to post from their adventures, but I know it was a special time for them. We are so grateful for parents and family who are willing to not only care for our little guys, but invest in them with love and many memories while we took the opportunity to have some time away. What a blessing it was to come home and see our sons; I swear they grew over the time we were away!!
Here is a short video with photos from our trip. Tim memorized and quoted I Corinthians 13 when he proposed to me over 11 years ago now, so I thought it fitting to use Brandon Heath's song "Love Never Fails." There is much to praise God for in our first decade of marriage. I pray we'll seek and honor Him through the years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment