At the picnic we were able to enjoy some wonderful Kyrgyz food, talk with other adoptive and Kyrgyz national families, and also experience some traditions. One of which is a race that would be held amongst the people of a town or neighborhood in celebration of a baby learning to walk. Below are a few pictures from the boys' and girls' races.


The kids had so much fun playing on the playground, and it was a blessing for me to see Matthew having such fun interacting with some of his new Kyrgyz friends.


I am so grateful to all those who worked to make this wonderful weekend possible! I am grateful to some of the Kyrgyz people who took time to talk with us, explaining food and even trying teaching Matthew some of the language. His heritage is important to us and I hope it will be to him one day also. I am grateful to the other adoptive & waiting families - it was a pleasure to meet you and I'm so glad for the commonalities we share.
The weekend was a memory that our family will treasure, and we hope to make it back for some of the celebrations in the years to come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment