At 20 months, I think we've made it a long time. I know, it's ridiculous to post 3 photos of a scraped knee, but I couldn't help but log this little memory. Nathan has definitely learned the"art" of making a rackett. He was running down the sidewalk when his toe caught an uneven seam. Then gravity had it's way with him. As you can see from the photos, in a few short moments he went from crying and panic to, "See my boo-boo, mom?!"
20 weeks, June 21st -- Perhaps it's just a side-effect of being a busy mom to two little guys, but I feel like this pregnancy is just flying by. I'm so excited about this 3rd little blessing and I aim to enjoy every minute of this miracle of life within. So far I'm feeling great, and it's such fun to feel the baby moving and kicking. I can't wait to meet our new son or daughter next fall! Mixed in with all this excitement, I must add that the upcoming addition of a 3rd child has caused no small upheaval in our life. We've purchased a mini-van, we'll be selling my little car, and probably our house as we search for a place with one more bedroom. It seems every decision we're making these days has a dollar sign (a BIG dollar sign) attached to it, and that can make for a bit of stress in our happy little home. Even so, we have faith in God's perfect plan for our family as well as faith that He will give the wisdom we are in need of as we seek Him and desire to honor Him with all that we are and have.
Little Swimmer:
Matthew took two sessions of swimming lessons this summer and finally passed to level 2! For so long his enthusiasm for water has outmatched his ability - making me quite the concerned mom as he fearlessly jumps right in. This summer both Matthew and his cousin Jagger are making great progress. Matthew is now able to swim short distances on his own. Hooray for our little swimmer!!
Eleven Years:
July 1st was our 11th anniversary, and all I can say is that time flies when you're having fun! We celebrated by having a date night complete with dinner and a movie. (And the next day, a trip to pick up our mini-van ... yahoo!) I love you, Tim! I thank God for the privilege of sharing life and love with you!
No Training Wheels:
We took a bike ride on July 4th and noticed that Matthew's training wheels were off the ground most of the time. We encouraged him to try riding without them, but he was too scared. He’s very afraid of falling down. I recently picked up a 2nd little bike at a garage sale, so we just took the training wheels right off his old bike. He refused any attempt we made to get him on the bike to try it. We talked about how you have to take a little risk sometimes to learn something new. The next evening we encouraged him to try, but he refused again. Even with a promise that Tim would run behind him and hold on the whole time so he couldn’t crash.
So we tried a new approach ... setting a goal and offering a reward. Wouldn’t you know the first words out of his mouth were, “Ok, I’ll try it!” Apparently the rewards were worth the risk! He had 2 goals: 1. To ride to the 25mph sign (approx 100 yds.) turn and come back without any help. For this he earned a new Thomas train. 2.To ride all the way around the block unassisted. For this he got to watch Bambi, the movie on DVD. We took family bike rides each evening to practice. (Nathan still fits on the back of my bike and loves going for rides.) Amazingly, he conquered both of his goals in less than a week's time. It is so cute to see him zooming along on his little bike. Way to go, Matthew!!
No comments:
Post a Comment