Friday, August 3, 2007

Four-footed Siblings & Cousins

The day after our long flight home, Tim went over to pick up our dog Beau and bring him home to meet Matthew. Let's just say that the first meeting was less than pleasant for little Matthew. But... on a happier note, immediately after this picture was taken Tim took Beau out for a little play time in the backyard. Matthew & I watched from inside the house and he giggled and waved his arms each time as Beau retrieved the ball after Tim threw it. They are getting along quite well now, and I'm so grateful! Tim comforts Matthew after Beau got close enough to sniff (or maybe eat) his toes.

Cousins! Jagger & Matthew playing together for the first time!
Uncle Dave, Aunt Callie, and Jagger brought Matthew some fun and beautiful new toys after their recent trip to Italy - our favorite of which is a small wooden train with cars that spell out M-A-T-T-H-E-W. It was so fun to spend the evening with them!

Matthew is now sitting pretty well on his own. It's been just 3 weeks and 4 days since we picked Matthew up from the orphanage, and we have noticed tremendous improvements in his muscle tone and strength. He is growing and changing so quickly, and we are just loving every minute of our time with him. We count him to be one of the most special blessings we've ever been given and we thank God for him frequently. Oh, we just LOOOOOVVVE this little guy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! I can't stop smiling when I read your posts! I'm so glad God has blessed you with such a sweet boy!

tammi said...

Hello Lehr Family!
This is Tammi (Teis) Nowack and my mother forwarded me the link to your blog and I've been keeping up with your adventures!
Matthew is beautiful, Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim and Tim....I just love reading all your updates and seeing your adorable pictures!! I'm so happy for you both!!

Love you!!

Mere