Thursday, November 27, 2008
Giving Thanks!
Well, it is Thanksgiving morning and there are a number of things I thank God for. I spent time writing them down in a journal this morning, and I won't bore you with the whole list. In short, I thank God for providing for my every physcial, emotional, and spiritual need. He has not only always met my needs, but blessed us with much more. I thank God for sending His son Jesus to make a way for us to spend eternity in heaven with Him. I thank God for his Word, the Bible, through which we can learn everything we need to know about life and godliness. I thank God for all of the people I'm blessed to know, but especially for Tim and Matthew! I thank God for the opportunity to live in a free country and for those who are or have served in any branch of service to protect this land. I'm thankful for you and even the fact that you check our blog once in a while to see what's happening "on the clehr path." I recently heard some messages on thankfulness by Dr. David Jeremiah and I have been challenged to make thankfulness a way of life - not just a holiday thing. We have had a "family thanksgiving notebook" that we've used in the past to record thoughts on Thanksgiving day. I've decided to keep this notebook out all year round and jot down little thoughts about things for which I thank God. Nothing breeds contentment like counting your blessings! I hope you have a wonderful time with friends, family, food, and even football today - but most of all I hope you have a special time of thankfulness! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving to you all at the Lehr household. One thing I'm thankful for is your friendships. It is a blessing to be able to raise our children to know one another.
Love,
Kim
Post a Comment