Sunday, May 31, 2009

3 years old already??

On May 7th our precious "gift of God," Matthew, turned 3 years old! Wasn't it just yesterday that he sailed into our lives looking like this? Tim and I treasure the opportunity we've had thus far to see our son learn and grow. I just can't believe he's already three! He's doing lots of "big boy" things now: He speaks in sentences, sings along with most of his favorite songs, knows his alphabet and can count to 10. He sleeps in a big boy bed, drinks out of big boy glasses/cups, and is still working on using the potty. There are a few things about the age of three that are challenging to us too (not excluding the ongoing potty drama). At three, Matthew seems to KNOW what he wants much of the time. He is frequently using his booming vocabulary to try to boss everyone around (from the dog to his parents), and we've seen a few more all-out fits thrown in the last month or so (from Matthew, that is. I'm still working on getting fits under control myself! Ha,ha!!) However, even with the challenges that are common to each new phase of his growth, we are so grateful to share our life and love with Matthew. He brings more joy to us than we could have ever imagined!

On the morning of his birthday, we woke him up this way. I'm so glad I recorded it on video so that we can always remember his adorable sleepy smiles.

Racing new hotwheels with Daddy before Daddy went off to work.

All smiles from the birthday boy! (Sorry, I am just not going to put three candles on one little cupcake.)

What is it? What is it?

woohoo! Alphabet flashcards ... the boring gifts are always first! :)

And the best gifts are always last! It's GORDON!! (a friend of Thomas the Train)

Nana McKenzie stopped over to wish Matthew a happy birthday on his special day. She brought him his own watering can. And a few days later, Matthew was SO excited to help me plant and water some plants outside. Hopefully his interest in helping mommy water flowers will continue throughout the summer!
Time to eat cake!
Yeah... this picture really makes me want to grab a toothbrush!
Happy 3rd Birthday to our little cuddle bug! We love you, Matthew!!

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Happy Birthday Matthew!!!

Unknown said...

Greetings. I am from Aruba. I have met Ken and Sandy while they were here. So nice to hear and see the good news of Kim and husband. God bless.
I was trying to find a picture of Ken and Sandy together. Will you please send me one at: epetrona@gmail.com ? I will appreciate it. We pray for them regularly!!