Sunday, September 6, 2009

Zoo Fun!

We've had such fun throughout the summer hanging out with my brother and his family. We have done at least one or two outings each month, but between me not having a working camera for awhile and then just forgetting it, I don't have very many pictures to show for it. My nephew Jagger and Matthew are only 3 1/2 months apart in age; and I'm so greatful for the way God worked all that out! They both enjoy playing together very much. It's been really fun to get together with them so often this summer!






Choo-Choo! Of course for Matthew, the highlight of any trip is riding on a train.

Chloe waves "Hi!" to the people and animals we pass on the train.

Not a very clear picture (taken from the train ride), but it was really neat to see a mama Kangaroo with a joey in her pouch.

There was a big animated dinosaur exhibit at the zoo this year. It was just a little TOO realistic for Matthew. I kept trying to make it fun and have him growl like the dinosaurs were doing, but he was terrified of these huge moving creatures! It was hard to get a picture because he did NOT want to turn his back on these things. He finally just let loose in a full cry of terror - my poor little guy!! I rescued him and got him safely through the rest of the exhibit. He still talks about how many great animals we saw at the zoo, but "those dinosaurs are scary!"



1 comment:

Stahnke said...

Well if Matthew was scared, I can only imagine how Andrew would react. Good thing I didn't take him to see that.