Thursday, December 10, 2009

First Smiles

What is it about watching your kids do something for the first time that brings so much joy? Of course we had seen Nathan's "gassy" smiles since birth, but it was somewhere in his 5th week that we began to see real smiles. After our trip to Michigan for hunting weekend, I stopped in at my parents house while Matthew was at preschool. During that visit we got our first photo of him smiling! (3rd photo down) Unfortunately, he has been very camera shy when it comes to sharing this precious smile with the world. His smile stops dead and he just stares at that strange black thing we're holding up. Perhaps worse yet, he starts getting real smiley at the most unsightly moments - like when I'm in the middle of changing him and his bedding so I just tuck a blanked around him, etc. So please disregard the background and enjoy some of these cute early smiles.






At 2 months of age, he smiles all the time now. In addition to smiling at Tim, Matthew, & I, he also flashes those gummy smiles at his mobiles and the ceiling fan with regularity. :) He's not yet smiling at Beau ... that may take awhile.

No comments: