Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Reflections

We hosted Thanksgiving at hour house this year, and enjoyed a wonderful time together with my family. Over the summer, Tim and I celebrated our 9th anniversary with the purchase of a new kitchen table . (We had been using a "family heirloom" table that was my grandparents back when my Mom was born! That one has since relocated to the basement.) We were looking forward to putting the leaves in and being able to sit everyone around it for a meal and Thanksgiving was the perfect opportunity to do just that. With Nathan being too little to sit at the table, we tried to include him by just sitting him right on the counter! :) Family gatherings are quite busy these days with all of the kiddos! It's always fun to watch the kids playing together! I love the pajama pictures we get right before everyone heads home too! Here are some photos to remember the day by...

















At Thanksgiving time, I always enjoy reflecting on the things I can thank God for, and there are so many. It's hard to choose! This fall, I am especially thankful for our FAMILY and FRIENDS! I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the first few weeks of Nathan's life without the extra help I received. Tim's mom came and stayed with us for a week, my mom came over for a day, Dave & Callie took Matthew out for a number of fun daytrips, many people brought us meals and gifts. I also was able to spend time asking questions, crying and confiding in many family members and friends by phone, email, or during visits. As amazing, miraculous, and wonderful as newborns are, it is still so hard to come home and figure out how life works now. I remember those first 3 or 4 weeks being so overwhelming, wondering how I'd ever meet Matthew's needs along with giving the attention that a new baby demands. Without friends and family, I don't know how we would have survived! I'm so grateful for the people God has brought into our lives. It is a joy to share both the smiles and the tears as we journey through this life. Thank you, God, for the people in our lives!! We are so very blessed!

No comments: