It's been two weeks now since Nathan had his first "solid" food - rice cereal. He turned 6 months last week, and I cannot believe how fast these months have gone! He's doing really well with cereal, so I'm thinking we'll branch out to other foods soon. He seems to like it, but definitely let's us know when he's had his fill.
We celebrated my Dad's & Tim's birthdays with cupcakes and singing. Even Nathan was helping grandpa unwrap his present.
We've had some interesting beach experiences. Yesterday we debated whether to go to the beach or pool because of a threatening sky. Tim and Matthew just love the beach so we decided to head there. We optimistically hoped that a very large rain cloud would come ashore to our south, but instead got caught in a downpour. Nathan and I, wrapped in beach towels, were huddled under our beach umbrella. Matthew came dashing in while Tim ran around and tried to pick up things. I was shivering and vowing not to trust my husband's optimism any further, Matthew was whining, "I want to go hoooommme!" And Tim, with blue eyes twinkling, was laughing his head off and saying, "Ah, this is how memories are made!" Today was a beautiful day, we had fun making a sand turtle and other sand designs. Matthew got to help daddy help fly his first kite, and I"m sure that by now he's at least 8 shades darker than the rest of us. What a cutie!!
No comments:
Post a Comment