Friday, November 18, 2011

Jacob's First Days at Home

I have been so amazed at how much easier bringing home baby #3 has been .  I was a partial basket case after bringing our second son home, fretting over my inability to be everything my first son needed while still meeting the demands of a newborn. Not to mention that Nathan was my first newborn, so I was in very unfamiliar territory.  Now Matthew and Nathan have each other as playmates, and we have had some previous experience with a newborn.  Even though Nathan has been slightly turned off by this new baby that mommy is always hauling around, he is already used to sharing mommy and daddy with one sybling, so why not two?
I have been trying to soak up every minute of these precious newborn days. Holding, cuddling, caring, and snuggling with my little guy who is growing so quickly.  He's a great sleeper and hardly every gets me up more than once a night.   I look at him all the time and think that he wasn't "supposed" to be here until November 4th, but we were so blessed to have ten "extra" days with him.



My friend, Kim is a very talented photographer.  After she took newborn photos of Nathan two years ago, I had to ask her back to take photos of our new little guy.  Matthew and Andrew had a great time bowling and playing other Kinect games (with Tim supervising) while Kim and I worked with Jacob.  I was especially grateful that she agreed to take his pictures, being that she was 8 months pregnant with a surprise miracle of her own.  Proofs of a few of Jacob's photos are below. He was 10 days old at the time they were taken. I just love that his hair has a reddish cast in the daylight (I hope it doesn't all fall out like Nato's did!). The precious shot of him with his eyes open is my favorite - so hard to capture that during these sleepy newborn days!








No comments: