Friday, January 18, 2008

Marat meets Turat - a new Kyrgyz friend!!

About a year ago, I met my first online friend on the webboard that our adoption agency had set up (which has unfortuntatly been discontinued due to international adoption regulations). I truly belive that God arranged this opportunity to "meet" Kim who not only lives near by but also was in the program to adopt a little boy from Kyrgyzstan. It has been a HUGE blessing to not only know someone to share this adoption experience with, but also to become friends with such wonderful people! We were able to get together and share stories twice before Tim and I went to bring Matthew home. And I think we got together at least 2 more times before they brought their son home. We have so much fun whenever we're with Cain, Kim, Alisha, and Megan!! This photo was taken in October of 2007 - just 2 1/2 months before they travelled to pick up their son. Last Sunday morning (1/13/08) we were SO EXCITED to be at the airport to welcome Kim and Cain home - and especially to meet their precious son Turat Andrew.
Andrew's big sisters couldn't wait to love on their new little brother!
Their first family photo all together!
Most of you know that Matthew's given name was Marat... well, we couldn't help but laugh when we found out that their son's given name was Turat! Matthew is 11 months older than Andrew, but I hope that won't make a difference in their friendship. How special to have a friend from his birthland! Here is a picture of the four of us with our little "Kyrgyz Wonders!" We thank God for bringing them all home safely and for the opportunity to share the joys of adoption with friends who live so close!!

No comments: