Friday, January 18, 2008

Poor Sick Little guy & other Miscellaneous Photos

Our usually smiley little guy has been fighting croup this week. I've finally experienced the "joy" of being up with a sick child most of the night ... letting him sleep on me in the reliner, steam baths, and sitting outside in the middle of winter to help the cough. Even though it's pretty exhausting to have a sick little one clinging to you nearly every second of the day and night - it truly is a privilege to be here for him and to love him. (I can say that with real enthusiasm now especially since wonderful Tim took the night shift last night and I finally got more rest! Seriously though...) We love this little guy SO MUCH, we're just doing whatever we can to help him feel better.
Not long after he arrived home he was introduced to the good ole' nebulizer (picked up a virus on the plane ride home, we think.) He had one other cold in November that seemed to go straight to the lungs and another one over Christmas which required the nebulizer again. Now he's so familiar with it, he'll even hold it himself if I let him (although I'm usually glad to sit with him). His favorite part, of course, is watching a video while he takes his medicine.
A special book... I made up a little rhyming storybook to share with Matthew how he came to be part of our family. The printed version arrived just before Christmas and we were so exicted to see the finished project. Matthew really enjoys all the pictures now (he loves to point out Beau and family members - especially his cousin Jagger!). When he's older I hope he'll appreicate the words that tell his story.Such fun to play with Daddy's winter gear!
Cheese!!

1 comment:

Stahnke said...

Poor Matthew! I know the feeling of them being sick, since that was how we received Andrew from the orphanage. I hope he is feeling better now, and everyone is getting some sleep. Oh ya! I loved the pictures from the airport. It was wonderful that you guys came.