Sunday, December 21, 2008

Player of the Week

Two weeks ago Tim was honored as the "player of the week" at his place of employment. Each week individuals are nominated for exhibiting some of the company's core values. (... things like integrity, fairness, excellence, etc.) Both Tim and his manager were nominated for their excellent work in helping their company work towards becoming Sarbanes-Oxley compliant. On this project, Tim was responsible for collecting information necessary to document compliancy while working with his manager to produce and present all of the necessary figures to the S.Oxley consultant. After receiving everything, the consultant told Tim and his manager that he has never seen a more organized I.S. department. Every "i" was dotted and "t," crossed. This was quite a compliment. For this honor, Tim and his manager were nominated and chosen as players of the week. Their nomination was read aloud to all the company at a weekly meeting and then they were awarded with prizes selected by spining a "wheel of fortune." They passed on a spa package (bummer for their wives!) when the first spin stopped there, and settled for $100 each plus some DVDs! Tim is a diligent and productive worker, this was not Tim's first time as "player of the week" and I'm sure it won't be his last. I (along with his company) am very proud of him. Tim, if you're reading this -- THANKS for all the hard work you do! You not only make your family proud, but you also bring glory to God with your great attitude and excellent work. I've been wanting to put up a post about this for a while, but I was looking for just the right photo of Tim and his computer... I took the photo above, but I didn't really want it to look like Tim drinks out of a sippy cup so I thought I'd try again...
Oh, wait a minute. THAT'S not right. Let's try again...

Nope, not what I was goin' for...

This one won't work either. Oh, and then there's my personal favorite...


Well, he certainly is expressive about his work now isn't he?

1 comment:

Stahnke said...

Tim, if I didn't know you personally I would really wonder about you from those pictures!

I do see where Matthew gets his faces from.

Kim