Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Enjoying Every Minute!

Yes, we are alive and well here in 2010! We haven't posted anything in far too long, so I just threw together a few photos from the last two weekends to share. It's March and I can't believe that this is my first post this year - good grief! As my list of things that I'd like to post about grows, (I have a list going of at least 8-10 posts from as far back as Thanksgiving! You could say things have really snowballed... I plan to do some postdated posts, but we'll see!) I figure I had better just get started somewhere so here goes...
Tim and I have been enjoying nearly every minute of life with our two precious boys. I am so busy soaking up this time in my life, that I'm finding little room for other things (like blogging). It is such a precious gift and opportunity to spend these days with Matthew and Nathan! We have so enjoyed the snow this winter. Tim and Matthew have been out several times to snowblow and play. They built this snowman the weekend before last. They've also been creative about sledding in our very flat back yard ... using the slide! Next year, when Nathan is bigger, I'm sure we'll get out to more exciting sledding hills.



One of my very favorite times of each day is NAP TIME! Sometimes even I take a nap, but my favorite part is sneaking in to the boys room to cover them up and admire my little "sleeping cuties." These little guys and the goodness of the God who brought us all together bring tears to my eyes. I thank God for the unique and wonderful way He has put our family together!


Nathan is growing and changing all the time. He is now 4.5 months old. I think he's showing more influence from my side of the family as he's gotten older (although I still see quite a bit of Tim in him as well). I'm always telling my dad that I think Nathan looks like him when he gets mad! (Only a daughter knows her dad's mad face so well, right?) Matthew continues to be my wonderful helper and a great big brother. He is so loving toward Nathan ... not always as gentle as I'd like, but boys will be boys.



Another favorite time is booktime before bed. Tim reads a story book and a Bible devotional with Matthew each night. Sometimes Nathan and I join them, depending on how Nathan's eating schedule is working out that day. It's so nice to end the day together with prayers, hugs, airplane rides that crash into bed and lullabies. Can't these days just last forever?

Saturday night, the most beautiful, fluffy, peaceful snow was falling in our neck of the woods. Tim snuck out to take this photo. I know it's March, and I'm supposed to start hating the snow now, but it has been so much fun and so beautiful these last several weeks. Tim and I are two of the few who feel this way, I'm sure, but we'll be sad to see it go! We treasure these precious winter memories and this time with our little guys!

3 comments:

Stahnke said...

Nathan is changing so much. I'm glad we are getting together next week. I'll bring my camera. Maybe I can capture some cute moments while I'm there. Looks like you are adjusting to being a mom to two!

The Lehrs said...

Ok so I had to laugh...just after I posted this "enjoying every minute" post, Matthew thought he could "hold it" long enough to finish his dinner (we have a rule about going potty before we eat), but he was wrong. This resulted in the worst kind of potty accident followed by a bath. Then Tim called inform me taht the assigned score keeper did not show, so he had to say and keep score at another bball game - he was gone from 6pm to 10pm! Good grief! Like I said ... loving NEARLY every minute! :)

Unknown said...

NaNa and PopPop do enjoy every minute! Course we get to love 'em and leave 'em. The perks of being grandparents!! :):)