Sunday, May 9, 2010

Four!!!


No, this post is not about golf! :) Guess who's having a birthday! Wow, 4 sounds pretty old, but it's true Matthew is now four years old! Of course, our train crazy kiddo wanted a train cake (again). Since Gordon is #4, he was the character that Matthew chose. (Same color as Thomas, but a bigger train with a coal tender -- which worked out great for me since I bought all the coloring to make Thomas last year.) After a couple hours of me sitting at the kitchen counter decorating Gordon, Matthew came up out of the blue with sweet sincerity and said, "Mom, thank you for making this cake for me." As far as I know, no one prompted him to do such a thing. He sure melts my heart, my precious little Matthew!
It was a small party - just family and the Stahnke's (like family!). It was a special treat to have my grandpa in attendance since he has not been getting out too much after grandma's passing last year. We had dinner, presents, a video quiz, and some simple games for the kids. Once again, another party and I feel like I did not capture it very well on camera because I was too busy doing other things. And once again, it would've never come all together with out the help of my wonderful in-laws --- Thank you, thank Mom and Dad Lehr!!! Here are a few photos to remember the big day.










Matthew, it is a joy to be your mom. Your dad and I love you so much, you just can't possibly know! We thank God for the opportunity we have to love you and raise you for His glory!
Happy 4th Birthday, son! (And many more!!)

No comments: