I can hardly believe that it's almost over!! Being pregnant, I am constantly reminded of the miracle of life growing inside of me. I know, I know, pregnancy happens all the time, but I just can't get over the fact that there is a little person growing inside of me. I celebrate the movements and hiccups even as I marvel over the crazy distortions made by baby's acrobatics within.
This time, I have been feeling a little less-great than my pregnancy with Nathan, but overall still pretty great. While the weather was still warm I experienced a little more swelling of the feet and ankles than I ever had the last time around. And, just as before, any hip and back pain seems to disappear with some regular time doing my prenatal yoga and perfect pregnancy workout dvds. (However, with 2 other little guys to care for, I have found it exponentially harder to find time to exercise.) Amazingly, I have gained exactly the same amount of weight as I had by this time with Nathan.
I am sincerely sorry for all the people who struggle with feeling sick throughout their pregnancy, but I am enjoying every minute of this as much as I possibly can. I am so happy that I am sure it's obnoxious to some. As far as Tim and I have planned this will most likely be our last child and therefore my last opportunity to experience this miracle. When I think about the future, I just know that I'm going to be one of those women who "ooooh" and "awww" over a pregnant lady that I don't even know. I can see myself wanting to ask all sorts of questions about how they're feeling, gender, and excitement levels. But I will, thank you very much, be keeping my hands to myself.
One thing I have enjoyed much less this time around is the commentary of perfect strangers and those who feel the need to rub my belly. I have been diagnosed with polyhydramnios which means that there is excessive amniotic fluid around the baby. (As of my 36 week ultrasound, baby was still turning flips inside me when usually they are more settled in their position by now). I am looking very pregnant and I just love how people who ask me my due date lose all tact as their jaws drop when I tell them that I still have one month to go. Then there is a string of usual responses that follow about how "you'll never make it that long, " how "ready to go" I look, or my least favorite, by far, the "your HUGE!" comment. What is it about a pregnant woman that makes people think they can say whatever thought crosses their mind??!! Seriously, when is it OK to call a perfect stranger "huge?"
Even more frustrating are the well-meaning people who see me out and about with my sons and feel the need to tell me that they hope I have a girl. I have had my girl name picked out and ready to go for the 3rd time now, and I would be very excited about having a daughter. But I will be no less thrilled to have another son. We enjoy waiting until the end to be suprised with the baby's gender, and I will delighted in whichever gender because I know that it is the child God has planned for our family. He makes no mistakes. My mother-in-law shared a verse with me that she claimed during her 3rd pregnancy (after having 2 sons): 2 Samuel 22:31 (AND) Psalm 18:30 "As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in him." That verse has meant a lot to me as I wade through my feelings, which have varied at times, about our baby's gender. As I said, I know they mean well, but it bothers me when people think that it will be a shame if we have another son. I don't believe that at all, and I am excited to welcome the child God has planned for us - girl or boy.
| (36 weeks) |
As for the details, my due date is November 8th, but we are scheduled for a c-section on November 4th. Nathan was a c-section because he was breech, and it is possible to have a vaginal birth after cesarean. That was my hope, but my doctor doesn't believe it is a good option for me since the high fluid level increases my risk of rupture, not to mention that they are measuring another big baby with a good-sized head on ultrasound. I am a little sad about having to give birth through surgery, but I have to trust that this is what is best for baby and me. I am feeling rather big, (I'm not going to use the word "huge" though! :) ) but I'm glad to have 2 more weeks to finish getting everything ready for bringing home miracle #3!
To my third child: I am so excited to meet you, precious little one! I delight in the Lord who has allowed me to carry you close within for these last 8+ months, and I praise Him because even before he knit you together in my womb, He knows everything about who you are and what you will do throughout your entire life. (Psalm 139) You have been fearfully and wonderfully made, and as much as I like carrying you around hands-free right now, I can't wait to hold you in my arms! You have a mommy, daddy, and 2 big brothers who can't wait to meet you!! We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment