IAunt Sharon & Uncle Mike came in from their home on Maui for a visit during the first week of September. I'm so glad that my sons know them and have been able to enjoy spending time with them. This year we introduced them to Xbox Kinnect and had a ball bowling. We also enjoyed taking a walk and chatting several times during their visit.
The boys have a play room adjacent to our laundry room, so when they are not helping match socks or folding wash clothes, they can get their wiggles out while I am working on laundry. Here are a few fun photos of my little basement hoopsters. (Nathan especially loves to put the ball through the hoop ... not unlike his father.) :)
I am so blessed to have 2 living grandparents still and am grateful for the opportunity my sons have to get to know their great-grandma McKenzie. Grandma is 89 years old and still lives on her own, with the help of my aunts and some friends. It is a joy to spend time with her and I think she is always glad to see my little guys. Grandma love the Lord and draws strength from Him to deal with some of the more difficult aspects of growing older. I hope to follow that example one day.
One of my favorite memories from visiting my grandma and grandpa as a child was waiting for the cuckoo bird to appear as the cuckoo clock chimed. Unless you happen to be visiting over the noon hour, that Cuckoo bird can be pretty hard to catch. Matthew and Nathan now have their own memories of sitting on the couch poised and ready to catch a glimps of the ellusive cuckoo bird.
No comments:
Post a Comment