Monday, June 15, 2009

Thanking God for Good Friends

Last Saturday, we were blessed to spend the day with my good friend (and "matron of honor") Andrea and her family. Tim, Matthew, & I enjoyed ourselver tremendously! We didn't take nearly enough pictures, but here are a few to remember the day by... Andrea and I met in college, and we have been friends ever since. I am so thankful for Andrea because her friendship has always drawn me closer to God. After we met in those summer classes, she asked if I wanted to do a Bible study with her. That Bible study and our weekly times of prayer together were not only foundational to our friendship but also tremendously impactful in my relationship with the Lord. Through those times, I began, perhaps for the first time, to take ownership of the faith my parents had raised me in. Even though I'm never the best at keeping in touch, Andrea has been there for me through the years. I am SO grateful that God made our paths cross in college, and I'm thankful that our frienship has lasted through the years.
It was a joy to meet her two adorable daughters, Emma & Kayla, for the first time in person! (The last time we got together her handsome little son, Noah, was just a baby. Wow! time flies!!) Three really sweet cuties! It was great to spend time catching up with Brian and Andrea. Great food! Great company! Great memories!!

No comments: