Sunday, July 15, 2007

Travel Plans… Uh-oh!

We’ll it’s about 8am on Monday morning here in Kazakhstan. Our sweet little guy seems to have lost sleep due to teething discomfort because as I write this little Matthewj is WIDE AWAKE here in his crib. This is a problem because for the last two days we’ve been trying to keep him up a little later and get him to sleep a little later in preparation for our travel home. We have a 26 hour trip ahead of us (including layovers) and we begin the journey at 3am Kaz/Kyrg.-time (5pm EST). I’m not sure yet what time we’ll have to leave for the airport, but I’m guessing it’ll be around 1am. We’re all quite adjusted to the time here, so this departure time seems pretty much evil. Our goal is to keep him up as late as he’ll stand it so that he’ll sleep through most of the first flight (7+ hours) and wake up in time to take his morning bottle on the descent. Once we deplane in Germany, we’ll give him the rest of his breakfast and have 6 hours or so to hang out in the airport. So I guess NOW our contingency plan for today is to play hard and take long morning and afternoon naps so that we can stay up later tonight. But I have to say, I’m a little concerned as to how it will go trying to check ALL our luggage and board a plane with a sleeping baby … He’s quite content to sleep in the ergo baby carrier while I’m walking around, but his head bobs - I need more arms!!! Anyway, after Frankfurt we fly 8+ hours over the Atlantic to DC. We have a shorter layover in DC and then we fly HOME! Thank you for praying about our travel home! Pray that Matthew will handle air travel as well as possible and also for Tim and I as we have both been fighting sore throats. God has been so good to us throughout this entire trip and we’re trusting Him for a safe return as well.
Today we go to the U.S. Embassy to submit documents, be questioned by the consulate, and receive Matthew’s visa. Hopefully there are no problems with this, our last appointment!
We’ll probably do at least 1 more post before we leave, and then we’ll be in travel silence from all of our technological toys.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for good naps, positive appointments today, and stress free flying (hmm...is that last one possible?!). Thanks for such great communication about your adventure! Matthew is a cutie!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Children can be pretty resilent when traveling. Will pray that Matthew does well and you all get through lines and waiting with little problem. Can't wait to see you.
Glenn and Jody

Ken McKenzie said...

Kim, Tim

I will continue to pray for a smooth trip and flight home and will be waiting with open arm at the airport.

dad

Mike & Patty said...

Hi Tim & Kim

The pictures are great, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Mike & I feel like we know Matthew already. We will continue to pray for the travel home. Children are pretty resilent, and amaze you at how well they do.
Mike & Patty

Cathy Bennett said...

Hi Kim, Tim and Matthew
Know that you are already on your way home, but just wanted to let you know I just found out you had a blog page, and I just found out about it yesterday at church.
What a great way to let us see your travles and all the wonderful pictures of the scenery and most of all of Matthew. What a cutie.
We are all anticipating on seeing little Matthew when you are all rested up from your travels.
Thank you for sharing with us back in the U.S.
Praying for all of you.
Love, Cathy Bennett

Kari said...

Hi Kim and Tim. I am so excited that Randi forwarded your blog. Callie had told me about your baby, but I didn't know the travel dates until today. I'll be praying for you both and Matthew's travel home.

Kari Wallace
ps: he is adorable!

camplehr said...

I dreamt that Matthew was a wonderful traveler and everyone was amazed! I guess we'll find out tomorrow if this is true....We're all anxiously waiting to here when you get into Ohio. Love, Michelle & Barrett

Josie said...

Kim and Tim,
Congratulations! I stopped at BMS and Sean gave me your blog info...I sat on the computer, starting from the beginning...with tears of joy and happiness for the both of you! Matthew is so blessed and so adorable...what a lucky little guy. I look forward to meeting him in person.
Congratulations and God bless,
Josie

Anonymous said...

hey guys...
missed checking yesterday, so now i believe that you are home safe and sound. hope all went well. can't wait to hear from you and see matthew in person. the anthony team anxiously awaits....

cindy